UpWind Solutions, Inc., North America’s most comprehensive independent operations and maintenance (O&M) service provider for wind energy, adds blade inspections using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) to their services by partnering with SkySpecs. The partnership will revolutionize the way wind turbines are inspected, by delivering high quality images for reports, improving safety and reducing inspection costs.
SkySpecs provides the most advanced UAV technology available enabling easy completion of turbine blade inspections. Guardian, SkySpecs’ collision avoidance technology, allows technicians with minimal flight training or experience to be able to conduct high quality inspections from only a few feet away from the blade without risk of collision.
Benefits of SkySpecs technology:
- SkySpecs GuardianTM collision avoidance technology
- Autonomous flight technology software allows UpWind to rapidly complete high quality, low risk inspections
- High definition (4K) images and video are produced for use on reports and to zoom in closely on any problem points identified throughout the inspection
- The high quality images and digital result in better inspection reports for the customer
- Technicians can complete the inspection with their feet safely on the ground
- The technician can take control over the automated UAV any time in order to capture more images of a specific area of the blade
UpWind’s partnership with SkySpecs will revolutionize blade inspections with a higher quality, safer, and lower cost solution for wind farm owners to rapidly inspect their fleet.
About UpWind Solutions
UpWind Solutions is the wind industry’s most comprehensive independent service provider of maintenance, performance engineering, upgrades & repairs, parts, and technical support services. They operate and maintain a 3GW fleet of all major OEM technologies in North America with over 300 highly trained technicians and engineering team. For additional information visit: http://www.upwindsolutions.com